2019/04/20

Lost My Heart In Florence

I've never been that much impressed by a city, as I am with Florence. We planned that trip spontaneous, it was something like a honeymoon. Some other cities have been on the list, even Paris again. Lukily we ended in the city of the Renaissance. And I'm sure it wasn't the last visit.
Before the trip I asked my boss, born and raised in Florence for some tipps, and I booked some museums to avoid to much waiting for tickets. We had the Uffizi galleries on our list, the David at the Academia and Palazzo Pitti... All in all we visited arround more or less 12 museums.

Florence is about fashion, it became rich because of it's cloth makers and even the Medici family started in that business before they became rich and famous. 
For fashion addicts the Costume Gallery at Palazzo Pitti is a must-see. Currently they are showing how animals influenced fashion in an exhipition called Animalia Fashion. Designs from Dior, Valentino, Iris van Herpen and many more designers and fashion houses are shown next to stuffed animals, paintings and sculptures from ancient times. 
The second spot for fashion enthusiasts is the Gucci Garden, or Gucci Museum. We felt brainwashed by the shown items and ready to spend some money at the store, that sells special items from the Gucci Garden Collection. But I was also surprised by the designs and how the current collections reflect the history and the archives of Gucci.

After a lot of art, a little shopping is always nice. Next to luxury stores, vintage and antiques dealers and a lot of gelato we found Richard Ginori. Founded in the 1730's it is finest table wear made in Florence. The shop is more a showroom and an amazing treasure chest. I fell in love with a series called Oriente Italiano. A cup with a cover will remind me on Florence and keep my coffee warm. 
This is just a small description of our trip. You need a few more pages to write about that amazing city, the landscape, the light, the architecture, the art... You need a room with a view, an aperitivo and an open mind.